UPDATE 1/27/14: Facebook’s functionality has changed, and the Static HTML app no longer works with our code. We’re hoping to find another way to link your fan page to your store. Stay tuned!
Important note: Before implementing the Facebook Storefront, you will need to choose a Start Page your Associate Web Site. To do this:
1) Log into the back office.
2) Hover “My Profile,” and select, “Manage My Web Site” from the drop down menu.
3) Look for the option, “Select your Start Page.” Choose any of the start pages in the pull down menu EXCEPT FOR “Isagenix Home Page.”
Once you have done this, you can continue with the steps below.
Aight, ya’ll – here’s how to set up your Facebook Store, from square one. We know this can seem pretty complicated, but it’s really not that bad. Just follow the steps below, one by one, and you’ll be up and running in no time.
The first thing you need to do is create a fan page. We’ve written an article on this previously – just go through the 4 steps in that post, and you’ll have a Facebook Fan page to call your own.
So here are the steps in the Vince / ShamWow IsaGeeks video:
1. Go to http://on.fb.me/isageeks, and click the “Add Static HTML to a Page” button:
If you’re still logged in as your Fan Page, you will be asked to switch to your personal account. Go ahead and do this. You’ll be taken back to that ”Add Static HTML to a Page” button page, so just click on it again.
2. You’ll be taken to another page that’s labeled “Add Static HTML: iframe tabs?” Your site should appear here; if you have multiple Fan Pages, there should be a drop-down list with the name of your Facebook Fan page. Choose your Fan Page from the drop-down:
3. On the next page (which will look suspiciously like the previous page, actually), click the “Add Static HTML: iframe tabs” button:
You may be taken to a page that looks like this, especially if it’s the first time you’ve tried to add code to your Facebook Fan Page like you are now:
If so, go ahead and click on the HTML app, the one we’ve outlined in the red box.
4. You’ll then be taken to your Facebook Fan Page. A new tab for “Welcome” will appear in your tabs, beneath your cover photo. If you have a lot of tabs already, you may need to click on the button to open them up and find it. When you do, click on it to open the tab.
5. Go to http://www.isageeks.com/fbcode. These next steps will seem technical, but they’re not. Stay with me here – we’re almost done.
6. On that page, you’ll need to enter your Isagenix retail site username – this is just the first part of the web address for your retail site. So if your retail site web address is http://brian.isagenix.com, then you’d enter brian in the “Retail Site URL” box. You then need to pick your country and language from the drop-down list.
7. Click the “Generate Code” button. This will do just that – generate your code. It will also automatically highlight all the code, so all you need to do is right-click on it, and choose “Copy“:
8. Go back to your Facebook Fan Page. Click on that new “Welcome” box.
You’ll be taken to a page that looks like this at the top:
Click on that “Edit” button. You’ll get a page with a box that looks like this:
Enter in that code you copied earlier into the “index.html” box. It will go where we’ve already added our own sample code above.
Click the “all saved” button.
Booyah! You’re now officially the proud owner of a Facebook Store. To see your handiwork, click the “Preview” link on the next page.
You may also want to give your new tab an image to make it stand out on your page. We’ve created this image for just that purpose:
Just right click the picture above, and select, “Save As.” Save it somewhere you can get to it. Now open all of your tabs on your page hitting that button I mentioned before. When you mouse over your “Welcome” tab, you should see a little pencil icon on the corner. Click that, and then select, “Edit Settings.” Click on “Change” next to “Custom Tab Image,” and upload that picture we gave you.
Now… who’s awesome?